CPHD was created to build local capacity to deal with Africa’s most persistent problems in healthcare. Its aim is to bring about transformative changes in the system and at the facility-level. It wants to work toward a point where health workers feel motivated and have the knowledge and equipment to provide care, where a poor patient should be able to access essential healthcare without having to worry about money.
To be Africa's leading healthcare solutions provider
Improve health outcomes of people of Sub-Saharan Africa by providing technical assistance informed by evidence and relevant operational research
We apply our energy and creativity to helping our partners—both public and private health providers—to make better decisions and deliver quality health services. We achieve this by providing them with technical assistance of the highest caliber and sound operational research. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse staff with the highest quality technical and management skills, as well as an advanced capacity for innovations. We aspire to provide our staff with a quality work life characterized by mutual respect and a continuous learning environment that fosters creativity and high performance.
We are united in our mission to improve the lives of people in Africa
- Committed to Excellence
We strive to meet and exceed the highest professional standards
We know that working collaboratively produces excellence
We take responsibility for what we do and how we do it
- Working with underserved communities to enhance the provision of comprehensive health care services
- Promoting innovative medical and community health care interventions
- Fostering world class professional development in health care
Contribute to the elimination of preventable deaths by deploying proven hospital and community based interventions in target communities in Africa.
CPHD implements its work through the following components that together lead to higher health impact:
- Effective deployment of medical equipment: Whether purchased by the hospital or donated, CPHD supports training of users and undertakes monitoring of usage through operational research
- Provide human resources for health solutions: CPHD champions innovative solutions to address the serious shortage of skilled health workers in the region, e.g. building a training program for Nurse Anesthetists to bridge the huge gap in the field
- Deployment of high impact health technologies and solutions: CPHD supports the deployment of promising innovative solutions that aim to improve health outcomes amongst women and children. E.g. Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment (ETAT Plus) and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) training. CPHD collaborates with leading global institutions in these efforts. E.g. Vanderbilt (ImPact Anesthesia Project), Columbia University (CPAP) and East African Paediatric Associations